Greetings.
Sorry I am a bit new to this list.
I am trying to compile R-3.3.0 and/or R-3.3.1 on computational cluster running
Centos 6.6
I have custom installation of zlib 1.2.8 , but it's not in default /lib
/usr/lib /usr/include location and configure script keeps failing when looking
for it.
It doesn't seem to care if correct zlib.h is in path and always seems to find
one in /usr/include

In the past we build R and put in nfs share that used by about 400 nodes to do
computation.
This is first time we having issue with compilation process. zlib dependencies
right now are on the same share.

Is there any way to point configure script to the right location for the
prerequisite?
So far I see people mostly end up using package system, that might not so well
for our environment.

Sincerely yours Fedor

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]