First, as a new R-user I would like to thank the package creators and all the
subscribers for their contributions.

Second, I want to apologize in advance if my question reflects a lack of
understanding of R in itself.

I am trying to run a backtest on a simple data frame and receive the following
error message when I set the by.period = TRUE or when I set the bucket to a
number larger than 4

> btliq <- backtest(liq, id.var = "dp_entity_dci_id",
+                   date.var = "week_date",
+                   in.var = "dp_new", ret.var = "weekly_eret",
+                   natural = TRUE,
+                   by.period = TRUE
+                  )
Error in cut.default(x, breaks = quantile(x, seq(0, 1, 1/n), na.rm = TRUE),  :
  'breaks' are not unique

The example does work perfectly even with both by.period = TRUE or FALSE and
any bucket size:

data(starmine)
bt <- backtest(starmine,
               id.var = "id",
               date.var = "date",
               in.var = "smi",
               ret.var = "ret.0.1.m",
               natural = TRUE,
               by.period = TRUE)

Thanks in advance,

Julien

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, inside information, or subject to other restrictions on use or
disclosure. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, and permanently delete or destroy this
e-mail, any attachments, and all copies. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or
copying of this transmission or the information may be unlawful. This message
is provided for informational purposes and should not be construed as an
invitation or offer to buy or sell any securities or related financial
instruments.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]