On 09/06/2012 10:45 AM, Ralph Vince wrote:
I don't think this is going to do what I'm trying to accomplish here,
which is determine the next, future, pending ex-date for dividends or
splits, if there is one announced, so that I can prepare the systems
for this in advance. It seems to be an nasty problem and  I'm trying
to get out of maintaining this by hand!

The only way I know of to get out of maintaining it by hand is to pay for data.

On the GUI side, Bloomberg, Factset, and Reuters have all been mentioned already I think. Rbbg of course talks to Bloomberg.

On the other vendor side, I think Interactive Brokers has this data, and it may be available via the IBrokers package if it is available via the IB API. Additional vendors, such as CSIdata, tickdata.com, Reuters, CRSP, Telekurs, etc all sell this data, at varying prices and quality.

Regards,

- Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson