the rest of us and not worrying about
it because no one else does.

Pat

On 05/10/2015 04:43, Samit Paul wrote:
Thanks a lot Pat,

I was more concerned about the second issue which you have pointed out
well. From the link given (thanks again for the same), I understand that
if the number of observations are more (around 2000), choice of starting
value won't matter much in conditional variance estimation by GARCH(1,1)
model.

But is the same logic applicable for conditional mean estimation with
the help of ARIMA model, too? Or do I have to take any precaution for
the same?

Best regards,

Samit Paul

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Patrick Burns <patr...@burns-stat.com