Dear all,

I want to calculate annualized log return for a security. But the issue is that the company follows financial year from April to March. So, all its other ratios are calculated from April to March year. The data is taken using the package tidyquant.

library(tidyquant)

df<- tq_get("SBIN.NS")

From the package vignette of tidyquant, the periodReturn can be calculated for yearly, but in that case the year is calendar year. But I want to get the return for financial year. In case of this company, the financial year is from April to March. So, what modifications do I need to make in order to calculate annual log return from April to March?

Thanks in advance,