On 04/02/2021 10:02 PM, Brian G. Peterson wrote:

> On Fri, 2021-04-02 at 21:59 -0400, H wrote:
>>
>> I don't know how quickly this database is updated and therefore the delay
>> but if possible i would like to use a primary source rather than a secondary
>> source. It might be that parsing XBRL information from SEC EDGAR filings is
>> workable - too early to tell.
>>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>
> Not all EDGAR filings need to be electronic, depending on the size of the
> company.
>
> CRSP is not timely.  A commercial service like Factset or similar will have
> everything a few seconds to a few minutes after it is announced. EDGAR is
> slower.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian

Noted and I am only interested in companies listed on one of the exchanges.
That begs the question where Factset and similar get their information: from
company press releases? Do they not need to be posted "simultaneously" to SEC
EDGAR if they contain major information? What is the "legally acceptable" delay
for sharing the information with EDGAR?

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]