Have a look at

?array

its use in comparison to MATLAB's reshape is in fact described in the
Hiebeler-matlabR.pdf that Arien mentioned yesterday.  If you want to
stick to MATLAB-like syntax, the matlab package has a function reshape
that should do exactly what you want:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/matlab/

There is a wealth of information out there on porting code between R and
Matlab as well as basic R functionalities. http://www.rseek.org and the
R-help mailing list have been mentioned before.

Best,
Philipp