Hi All,

I have an original data of factor data type with 34 classes. My objective is to
have a  rasterized , masked reclassified map with 6 classes.

I rasterized the map, then I reclassified the factor map by using a loop and I
got the 6 (a, b, c, d, e, f) classes plus NA and n/a making them a total of 8
and this is what I expect.  Then I masked the map.Then I  overlayed the masked
reclassified map with the point data so that I can have one spatial grid
dataframe with all variables and covariates.

After masking and overlay I got result  say b. then if I run b$soilmap I am
getting a total of 9 classes i.e 8 figures plus NA which are (31, 35, 36, 37,
38, 39, 40, 41).  This is where the problem is because I expect to have 6
classes plus NA plus n/a so that I can drop n/a and NA then left with my 6
classes. But I am having 8 classes  plus NA and I do not know where the n/a is
gone, and if I drop NA then I am left with 8 classes instead of 6.

Do you know how where these extra 2 classes are coming from or where the
problem
is coming from?
=======
b$soilmap
  [1] 41 41 41 41 37 37 36 41 38 37 37 37 36 37 37 37 36 NA NA 37 37 37 37 38 38
 [26] 37 37 36

May you please help?

Regards, Mary