Good morning,
Are there any R packages that have coded the functions involved in projecting
long-lats into alternative map projection units AND have also coded the inverse
projections from the alternative map projection units into long-lat units?  I
have two vectors of coordinates in Lambert Conic Conformal units (along with
all the associated LCC projection parameters) that I want to project into
long-lat units. I will also want to transform a set of long-lat coordinates
back into the LCC units for plotting purposes .  I can code my own functions
for this application but I was hoping that someone had already written a set of
functions for projections and inverse projections for most of the commonly used
projections.

I have not yet figured out if I can use 'mapproj' to obtain my desired results.

A related question:  Is there an R package that could be used to reproject a
given shapefile and create and save a new shapefile with the new projection?
Thanks
Joe