On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, Kitty Lee wrote:

Hi. I have a shapefile. I guess because of cartography problem, the border of some of the units that are supposed to be physically connected are 'snapped' properly. As a result, when I use poly2nb, there are empty links.

Did you notice on the help page for poly2nb() that you can snap within the function? Had you quoted your code verbatim, and added the output of sessionInfo(), replying would have been easier. If you did use the snap= argument, are your polygons malformed? Can you clean then in a topological GIS first?

Hope this helps,

Roger

I know I can set zero.policy=T in nb2listw. But I'm trying to use skater() function. I notice that it won't accept spatial weight matrix with empty link.

Any advice on how can I easily fix the matrix? Is there a way I can fill in empty link with nearest neighbors?

I'd really appreciate advice on how to manually tweak the connectivity matrix.

Thanks in advance!

K.

Roger Bivand
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
e-mail: roger.biv...@nhh.no