Has anyone heard of the hydromad package?
http://hydromad.catchment.org/

"*hydromad* is an R package (i.e. a software package for the R statistical
computing environment <http://www.r-project.org/>). It provides a modelling
framework for environmental hydrology: water balance accounting and flow
routing in spatially aggregated catchments. It supports simulation,
estimation, assessment and visualisation of flow response to time series of
rainfall and other drivers."