Dear list,

I am trying to study the code for spatial econometrics models in the "spdep"
package. The code is understandable but I have some parts that I don't
understand for example why we need to do lm(y ~ x - 1) instead of just lm(y ~
x) since in other regression models in R we supposedly are doing this way
instead of reducing the x by one.

Also for "lagsarlm" we use three types of regression lm.base(), lm.lag() and
the simple (y~1) model so I am not sure which model is being used to compare
against the lm.lag() or how we get the LR statistics. Fore "errorsarlm" and
"sacsarlm" we have the same situation but using lm.target() instead of
lm.lag().

I would be so thankful if anybody could give the answer or show me the material
that I can use for my study.

Mariana Benitez Rojas

Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológico (CEFET-PA)