Hi,

You could use focal function on your whole raster with a radius appropriate
to your roofs: not too large.
raster::focal

You could then use your rasterized roofs as masks then visualize the result
raster::rasterize
raster::mask
plot

If you want to go further than just visualizing:
Also, for each roof, you could determine different quantiles and determine
some areas that are optimal.
sp::over
or using raster::clump, thus getting one id per roof then calculate
quantiles

Then why not, polygonizing the result and dissolving:
raster::rasterToPolygons
maptools::unionSpatialPolygons

Best,

Mathieu