Dear Jorge,
thank you very much for the help. i have used the same landsat package
but did not convert on the ground reflection but the on sensor reflectance.
For MODIS and AVHRR, i need better spatial resolution that is the reason
i am using landsat and I was not getting negative values even places
where there is no vegetation instead getting higher values like 0.2-0.4
which is quite high for non vegetated area. Now i am trying to get NDVI
from surface reflectance.

Regards,

Vikram.