Dear all,

I am coming up with a rather simple problem. Maybe someone has experience with
this problem and knows an easy solution...
I want to geocode some household data, which contain the exact adresse (street,
street Nr, postalcode, city) in colums. Futhermore I have another database with
the adresses and the GIS-data of ALL houses in the areas (again: street, street
Nr., postalcode, city).

So, I simply have to match these two data bases. However in many cases adresses
are sightly different spelled. Thus I think I need some kind of algorithm to
combine this two data.
Does anyone know an easy way how to do it? Rows contain numbers as well as
alphabetical street-/city-names.

Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards,

Dieter Mayr