Edzer,

I'm sorry.

The only control I did was checking if the resulting network looked right.
At a global extent, it was, but zooming in revealed some errors.

The reason why I didn't compute the shortest path calculation on my script
is that I didn't have the minimum knowledge in igraph to do it. That's why
I said I didn't test the script completely. I should have mentionned I
expected some feedback on the shortest path calculation.

Your feedback and the code published by Barry helped me do some deeper
inspection.

The fact is that the lines that must go from one point to the nearest point
on the lines network are well created but some connect to the network, some
not. For those who don't, the distance between the end segment point and
the line to which it is supposed is extremely small.

My intent wasn't to pollute this thread, rather to contribute to it, not as
an "expert", which I am not, but as a beginner. I'll be more cautious in
the future, with all the respect I owe to the R-sig-geo contributors who
participate on the list.

Mathieu