Hi Jin,

>From your description it is not entirely clear what your input data looks
like. But you can something like this

library(raster)
p <- read.table('points.txt')
r <- raster('file.asc')
values<- extract(r,  p)

Perhaps you need to subset "p" to get the appropriate columns representing
longitude and latitude (in that order). Or perhaps your grid data is not
really in a 'raster' format? I am not sure from your description. In that
case you may need to to

d <- read.table('file.asc')
r <- rasterFromPoints(d)

You may also want to check out functions cellFromXY to link coordinates to
cells in a raster.

All the best, Robert