All--

Does anyone know if the update from R 2.15.2 to 3.0 is likely to change
they way these binaries would need to be built?  I don't think that the
NAMESPACE & .First.lib changes will matter, but I don't understand the
implications of long.vectors. http://developer.r-project.org/30update.txt

The 64-bit MSwin binaries of ncdf available from unidata:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/#binaries state that
they are set up for use with Visual Studio.   I may call in a (big!) favor
to have a Visual Studio / C friend work on this with me, and then make the
64-bit MSwin binary available to all, but I don't want to have to do it
twice.

While I would rather take the easy path & migrate back to linux, I work for
the same agency as JohnG and thus am required to use MSwin.

Tom 2