This is more complicated than it looks because your raster encompasses
more than 110 degrees of latitude! With such a large area  you cannot
ignore the curvature of the surface of Earth.  If you do a regular grid
in degrees as you want, the area of each cell will vary with latitude.
So you either have a regular grid in degrees, but with varying cell
area, or you will have to transform your data and define your raster in
an adequate projection (e.g. an equal area projection).

Julian

--
Julian Mariano Burgos, PhD
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute