Hi,

Two weeks ago I have asked a question regarding the use of R for plotting
lightning density maps. Thanks to you answers I was able to go one step further.
Attached is the .R script and a sample of the data. The script is counting the
number of lightning strikes in hexagons, and then is plotting the hexagons over
Europe.
To obtain the lightning density I need the area of the hexagons. Could you
please help me on how to calculate the area of the hexagons? Also, how can I
obtain the
number of days with lightning  in each hexagons?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Bogdan