Juliann,

For a p-value for the global Moran I think you could do a permutation test,
something like this:

library(raster)
r <- raster(nrows=10, ncols=10)
r[] <- 1:ncell(r)
M <- Moran(r)

s <- r
n <- 100
m <- rep(NA, n)
for (i in 1:n) {
  values(s) <- sample(values(s))
  m[i] <- Moran(s)
}
p <- sum(m > M) / n

This may take a while for a large raster. I do not know how you determine p
values for the local measure. Have a look at spdep.

Robert