Hi everyone!

I have set up Rstudio on a Centos 5 server.  When I try to bring in rgdal, this
is what happens:

> library(rgdal)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/home/erin1/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/3.0/rgdal/libs/rgdal.so':
  libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rgdal’

I have tried removing gdalplugins, have re-installed gdal, have put together an
Renviron.site, and changed .Renviron.

It works fine when I'm not on Rstudio.

Any suggestions, please?

I did try the items mentioned in the google article from Drs. Bivand and
Rowlingson

Thanks,
Erin