Dear list,

Let's say I have a city map divided in neighborhoods (barrios), in shape
polygon form. For each barrio I had the information of crime occurances
(cases) in a given year and also of number of people living in the area.

What I would like to do is to compare the spatial pattern of the crime
cases and spatial pattern of population, so to have a formal check of if
the clustering of crimes isn't only following the clustering of population.

Is there any such way to test that? Both a measure of how much those
patterns are correlated or a inference test of the correlation (to test the
null hypothesis) would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Ferd.