Hi JAmes,
I'm afraid I've never used the packages so I'm no expert. But in answer to your
questions..
1. Kulldorf recommends a fract pop of 0.5 but I guess if you have a reason to
believe there is a different upper limit then you could compare results.
Remember, this is the fraction of the total population, not the population of
cases 2. Never used the opgam command..3. I think the kulldorf command in
SpatialEpi package can detect more than 1 cluster..
Good luck!