The kriging::kriging is using by default  spherical-model.

What kind of kriging function (or package) do you recommend?

My data are reanalysis data form the ECMWF (
http://data-portal.ecmwf.int/data/d/interim_daily/levtype=sfc/)  and the
aim is to interpolate them.

I would be grateful, if you could make a recommendation.

Thank you.

>You may have (near) duplicate points in your data.
>
>Other packages let you control more when you want to kriging, see the
>Spatial task view on CRAN.
>
>To me, kriging::kriging seems a bit of a black box: does it compute
>Euclidian distances from long/lat coordinates directly? How does it fit
>variogram models?
>
>On 11/13/2013 11:54 AM, Dominic Roye wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the kriging function {kriging}. I get this error:
>
> "Error in solve.default(matrix(A, n + 1, n + 1)) :
>   system is computationally singular: reciprocal condition number =
> 5.53457e-17"
>
> But it has worked with other data and now I don't understand why this
> error.
>
> Here is a data example and at the end the kriging function.
>
> https://gist.github.com/geo81/b32f98f4784edc4b754d
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Greetings,

Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of M?nster
Heisenbergstra?e 2, 48149 M?nster, Germany. Phone: +49 251
83 33081 http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de GPG key ID 0xAC227795