Hi,

I have a table with xy coordinates in R and the following packages loaded:
spatstat, raster, rgdal, sp and zoo. I do know how to use this to make a point
shapefile, a line shapefile that goes through these points and a smoothed line
shapefile using rollmean on my original xy coordinates. My workflow it is
something similar to this:

Table with xy coordinatesBuild a spatial object from tablesave the shapefile
shape points giving the name of the spatial object, the directory where the
file will be saved and the name of the file without extension.Use same table
with xy coordinates to do a polyline shapefile from a
SpatialLinesDataFrameUsing rollmean do a smoothing of the xy coordinates, and
save it as a smoothed polyline shapefile.

Ok, now a i have all the objects i want, including SpatialLines and
SpatialLinesDataFrame for the smoothed coordinates.
Now i want to do the following 2 main transformations using R (i know how to do
that if i use ArcGIS but i don't want to go back and forth from R to ArcGIS):

a.  Transform the smoothed shapefile (or any of the above "smoothed" objects)
into points at 1 m apart, and add to the shapefile an attribute table with xy
coordinates for each point along the smoothed line.

b.  Transform the smoothed shapefile in p points equally distributed along the
smoothed line (that means for me equal distance – although i don't know what
that distance is) and add to the attribute table xy coordinates for each point.

Thank you for your input,

Monica