On Fri, 27 Dec 2013, Rolando Valdez wrote:

I have no tried anything, that's why I'm looking for help.

Maybe this list is too advanced for my skills in R environment, because I need to start from the begining.

My idea basicly is to merge both maps, and go painting the data by metropolitan area excluding the municipalities left.

Perhaps you can guide me with some manuals for beginners about the maptools and sp. Some examples may help also.

In addition to Greg's constructive suggestions, you (and others) may find the resources at:

http://geostat-course.org/Topic_Bivand_2012

useful. There are other materials in the course to which this belongs:

http://geostat-course.org/Muenster_2012

This link shows the available recordings from Münster in 2012 and Landau 2011:

http://archive.org/search.php?query=GEOSTAT

with:

http://archive.org/details/GeostatIntroductionToRepresentingSpatialObjectsInR

the recording of my 2012 talk (1 1/2 hours, I'm afraid). The slides and accompanying materials cover much of chapters 2-5 of the second edition of our book (2013), so there is information around. However, as users' needs vary greatly, it is never easy to provide general advice that is a good match to specific cases.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Thanks,

Rol~