Hi Tiago,

The first two points are in water??

This might be helpful:

library(sp)
library(rgdal)
orig <- data.frame(lat = c(23.2383,23.2383,23.2383), long = c(-78.3133,
-78.3100,-78.3100), elv = c(4.01, 4.00, 4.00))
coordinates(orig) <- ~long+lat
proj4string(orig) <- CRS("+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84")
orig <- spTransform(orig, CRS("+proj=utm +zone=18 +north +units=m
+ellps=WGS84"))

Applied spatial Data analysis with R is best book to look for such solution.

Cheers,

Vikram.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM, ONKELINX, Thierry <thierry.onkel...@inbo.be