Dear Rgeos,

Id like to know if there is some workaround to import  the lines contained
by a shape file, avoiding memory problems when the only thing you need is
the lines it contains.

I mean, reading the lines of the world's coast lines can be done in a
instant with:

wcoastline <- PBSmapping::importShapefile("GSHHS_c_L1.shp")#

However, reading a relatively small region, like the brazilian atlantic
forest, seems impossible for my little laptop.  I tried all of these
possibilities.

AF=PBSmapping::importShapefile("mata_atlantica.shp")
AF=rgdal::readOGR("dir",layer="mata_atlantica")
AF=shapefiles::read.shp("mata_atlantica.shp")

Any hint would be very welcome.
Thanks
Agus

--