Hi,

I have a dataset that consists of satellite observations on a regular
lon-lat grid at taken at regularly time pointts. Unfortunately due to cloud
cover, there are gaps dispersed semi-randomly throughout the 3D data array.
I would like to fill these gaps.

The "best" solution I guess is space-time kriging, if memory limitations
permit. But before I go that far, I would like to do a simple 3D linear
interpolation to fill the gaps i.e interpolating the temperature at the
missing (lon, lat, time) points.

The akima package does an excellent job of this in 2D, but doesn't support
higher dimensionality. Does anyone know of a function that supports three
or more dimensions?

Mark