Hi all,
I was wondering if an algorithm exists which can be used compare buildings in
an OSM dataset with another (benchmark) dataset and tell whether the building
in OSM is on the right side of the road.
An idea would be to:
1) get the address a building, 2) from the address get the road the building is
on, 3) then get the polygon for the road, 4) then use the coordinates for the
building in the reference dataset to determine the side of the road the
building is on, 5) then use the OSM coordinates for that building to determine
what side of the road it is on, 6) compare the two results, 7) This would be
part of a broader idea of constructing a similarity measure and using this test
as a component to rank similarity,
I have read up on a number of similarity measures but haven't yet found
something that discusses this idea. I don't want to unwittingly repeat someone
else's research and not give that person credit. While I have the idea in mind,
I would like to prepare the code in R and was hoping to see code for a similar
algorithm in R that I could use as a reference.
If you have come across something similar in R code, could you please advise ?
Many thanks!
Mervyn