On 25/01/2023 18:42, Josiah Parry wrote:
I wonder if `units::set_units()` is a better fit for the job
https://r-quantities.github.io/units/articles/measurement_units_in_R.html

It could definitely tell you which number to choose when going from, say, US feet to km. Coordinates in sf geometries are not stored as units objects, unit info is encoded in the CRS. st_transform can do transformations and conversions between different CRSs, unit conversions is a special case of that.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:37 PM Steve Gutreuter <sgutreu...@gmail.com>