temiz wrote:

> remove.duplicates(el3, zero = 0.0, remove.second = TRUE)
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 2259572 Kb

Is there another way rather  than choosing smaller region ?

Yes, wait for sp 0.9-12, which is "on its way to CRAN", where zerodist should work without a large memory footprint -- I moved the zerodist code from R to C. (I needed it myself for a 30.000 point data set this morning.)
--
Edzer

--- Begin Message ---

> This new sp version has a better rbind CRS checking and re-implements
> zerodist in C.

Thanks, on its way to CRAN.

Btw, I get

* checking R code for possible problems ... WARNING
image.SpatialGridDataFrame: no visible binding for global variable
  ‘asp’
image.SpatialGridDataFrame: no visible binding for global variable
  ‘asp’

Is this ok?

Best
-k