I understand that the sum.w field is the sum of the weights associated with
a particular observation/location.

But what is this sum taken over? Is there a way to access the individual
weights before they are summed?

Basically, I need a single weight for each observation (not a sum), so that
I can use the robust GWR method presented by Brundsdon et. al. So I need to
divide sum.w by some number N. This will give me an average weight (more
importantly, it is a single weight). In this case, what does N represent?
The number of observations, or is it some number of iterations for a
numerical method used in GWR?

Ryan

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]