Hi,

 I imported a ESRIAsciiGrid with readGDAL(). The result is a
SpatialGridDataFrame (SGDF).

The projection of the grid (only the xllcorner, yllcorner ?) is:
Projection              LAMBERT
Units                   METERS
Spheroid                BESSEL
(more details at the end of this email)

How can I change this to gauss-krueger projection zone 3 (gk3)?

I did not specify the projection in the SGDF, how is this done?

summary(SGDF):

Closing GDAL dataset handle (nil)... done.
Object of class SpatialGridDataFrame
Coordinates:
      min     max
x -250000  500000
y   20000 1020000
Is projected: NA
proj4string : [NA]
Number of points: 2
Grid attributes:
  cellcentre.offset cellsize cells.dim
x           -249500     1000       750
y             20500     1000      1000
Data attributes:
     band1
 Min.   :   812

There should be a simple way to use library(proj4) to make this transformation?

Are I am right that actually only the "xllcorner, yllcorner"-values are
transformed?

Where can I find an easy (and maybe short) introduction to this topic?

Thank you,
Ingo

######
Description of Grid ...*

Cell Size (meters)      =       1000.000                Data Type:

Integer
Number of Rows   =      1000                    Number of Values =
....*
Number of Columns =             750                     Attribute Data (bytes)
=        ...*

BOUNDARY:                                       STATISTICS:
Xmin =                   -250000.000            Minimum Value =         ...*
Xmax =            500000.000            Maximum Value =         ...*
Ymin =                      20000.000           Mean             =
...*
Ymax =          1020000.000             Standard Deviation =            ...*

COORDINATE SYSTEM DESCRIPTION

Projection              LAMBERT
Units                   METERS
Spheroid                BESSEL
Parameters:
1st standard parallel                           50 0 0.000
2nd standard parallel                           51 0 0.000
central meridian                                9 0 0.000
latitude of projection's origin                 47 0 0.000
false easting (meters)                          0.00000
false northing (meters)                         0.00000