Maybe this synthesis of both replies can help you:

library(RColorBrewer)
bl5 <- brewer.pal(5, "Blues")
mypal <- colorRampPalette(bl5)

 library(spatstat)
 data(longleaf)
 Z <- smooth.ppp(longleaf)
 plot(Z)
 plot(Z, col=mypal(12))

#or

plot(Z, col=rev(mypal(12)))

Regards,

Marcelino

At 20:59 29/04/2008, Graham Smith wrote:
Adrian

Thanks for the reply

> Here is an example of the whole process, starting from a marked point
> pattern and finishing with a colour image:
>
>       library(spatstat)
>       data(longleaf)
>       Z <- smooth.ppp(longleaf)
>       plot(Z)
>       plot(Z, col=topo.colors(256))

This is what I did, but I couldn't find, and still can't find,
anything in the help for plot.im or topo,colors that explains how to
change the colours to graduated blue, am  being really dim here.

However, in another post it was suggested I use rColorbrewer to set
up the colours , but it worries me that I cannot find the bit in the
help you have sent me to.

Graham
        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Marcelino de la Cruz Rot