I don't I think the authors of nlme are on this list, but I looked at the help of corExp, and that suggests that using the argument

correlation = corExp(form = ~x+y)

will be more useful that what you did.
--
Edzer

jofre carnicer cols wrote:
Hello,

I am computing a gls spatial model:

require(nlme)

gls.exp<-gls(S1 ~ X2TPall + tmngem + tmaxjlm + arbdenkm + prat_herm + arbclakm + conreukm, data=snouter.df, correlation=corExp(form~X+Y), na.action=na.omit)

and obtain the following error:

Error en Initialize.corSpatial(X[[1L]], ...) : Range must be > 0 in "corSpatial" initial value

I have checked CorExp, gls, and CorClasses help but couldn't find how to solve
this error. Any help is welcome.

Many thanks in advance,

Jofre

Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi), University of Münster,
Weseler Straße 253, 48151 Münster, Germany.  Phone: +49 251
8333081, Fax: +49 251 8339763  http://ifgi.uni-muenster.de/
http://www.springer.com/978-0-387-78170-9