Hello Edzer,

I was curious to run the example you provided (using the latest CRAN
versions of all packages), but as written the line

> idw.spdf = as(idw.out, "SpatialPolygonsDataFrame")

produces

Error in as(idw.out, "SpatialPolygonsDataFrame") :  no method or default for
coercing "SpatialPixelsDataFrame" to "SpatialPolygonsDataFrame"
Regards,
Greg.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]