Just a doubt... there seems that the contours are not shifted but "mirrored" (flipped) along an horizontal line?

Virgilio Gomez Rubio escribió:
Hi,

El lun, 19-01-2009 a las 18:37 +0100, Maxime Pauwels escribió:
Dear Virgilio,

I think you're right. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the analysis of spatial data to avoid such conflict. Do you know wath function I should use to generate contour before conversion.

This example may help:

library(maptools)

res <- ContourLines2SLDF(contourLines(volcano))

grd<-GridTopology(c(0,0), 1/dim(volcano), dim(volcano))
spvolcano<-SpatialGridDataFrame(grd,
data.frame(altitude=as.vector(volcano)))

spplot(spvolcano, sp.layout=list(list("sp.lines", res)) )

There is something wrong in the way I have defined the grid topology and
the contour lines are shifted north, but you will get the idea. You
could also add labels to the contour lines.

Best,

Virgilio

José M. Blanco Moreno

Dept. de Biologia Vegetal (Botànica)