Hi List,

Here's a question... I have a watershed polygon that has been 'tiled' into separate and non-overlapping cells according to a combination of attributes. The original watershed boundary seems not to be available in undivided form and I was interested in retrieving it from the divided shape file. Using ESRI resulted in several internal boundaries that were not removed. Using 'unionSpatialPolygons' produced even more non-removed internal boundaries.

Is there a simple means of 'cleaning' this to remove duplicate boundaries and no-longer-connected internal boundaries? I have looked a little (and admit to being a relative neophyte in using the packages) but haven't found anything that appears promising. I can certainly begin to appreciate the difficulty of finding and removing these boundaries, at least on a conceptual level... a problem in graph theory? (not at all my area...)

Thank you all!

Pete