On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Edzer Pebesma wrote:

Patrick Giraudoux wrote:
Edzer Pebesma a écrit :
Patrick Giraudoux wrote:

Dear listers,

I would like to add the border of  a country (SpatialPolygons object
called ChinaBorder) in a spplot built as following:

mypal<-colorRampPalette(c("white", "cyan",
"blue","green","yellow","red"))
statSpat<-SpatialPointsDataFrame(chinagrid,data.frame(n=z))
gridded(statSpat)<-TRUE
spplot(statSpat,col.regions=mypal)

I cannot managed to overlap ChinaBorder to statSpat with the 'panel'
argument of spplot.

Any idea about how to proceed ?

Patrick, you might want to try

spplot(statSpat, col.regions = mypal, sp.layout = list("sp.polygons",
ChinaBorder))

Exactly what I need (the way to state was unclear to me in the doc),
except the image is overlapping the border when I would like to get
the reverse (the contour over the image). Is there a way to make it ?

Cheers,

Patrick

Try

spplot(statSpat, col.regions = mypal, sp.layout = list("sp.polygons",
ChinaBorder, first = FALSE))

or maybe TRUE.

Or even Edzer's own trick (IIRC) of turning polygons into lines:

spplot(statSpat, col.regions = mypal, sp.layout = list("sp.lines",
 as(ChinaBorder, "SpatialLines")))

with possible line width, type and colour arguments.

Roger

--
Edzer

--