Dear r-sig-geo,

I am trying to generate a kml for an image I am producing using image().
After reading about kml generation, I'm unsure if I sould be using
kmlOverlay() or writeOGR, or some other function.

This is the data

http://www.ceoe.udel.edu/cms/moliver/20071003.276.0237.n17.nc

require(ncdf)
require(fields)
f <- open.ncdf("20071003.276.0237.n17.nc")

lon <- get.var.ncdf(f, "lon")
lat <- get.var.ncdf(f, "lat")
mcsst <- get.var.ncdf(f, "mcsst")
plot(diff(lon)) #####notice decreasing
par(mar=c(0, 0, 0, 0))
par(bty="n")

image(lon, lat, mcsst, col = tim.colors(64)) #####image I want to make kml
for

I don't seem to be able to make a proper "Spatial" object because of the
unequally spaced geographic coordinates.This seems to be necessary to to
proceed with a kml generation.

I'm probably missing something simple so any help or example code would be
wonderful

Thanks

Mat

I can't seem to generate a proper S4 object from my data

--
Matthew J. Oliver
Assistant Professor

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]