Hello,
I have about 780 lat long coordinates of different stations which I want to
compare with a shape file which has attribute data.  I have rendered the lat
long coordinates file and the shape file into data frame objects and used
the following code:

border<-point.in.polygon(shearveldataframe$X, shearveldataframe$Y,
clahancoordattr$x, clahancoordattr$y)

the result is an array of 0 and 1s.  What I should be getting are almost all
1s (if we plot the two files all the points lie within the shape file
boundaries.  Am I interpreting the array correctly?

Thank you!

Mehdi Khan

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]