Dear Dan and dear lists members,
I'm trying to explain my problem in two steps: the first is the theory, the
second one the practical application on my case study.

1)
Actually my errors are not so gaussian, however I think I could consider
them gaussian like.
It seems I've to set not zero the values of diagonal covariance matrix (used
for the variogram). Maybe I've to put in these matrix the measurements
errors instead zero. However, these are not actual variances, but ranges
deriving from the instrumental error. Is it possible to assume it as
confidence interval and use it such as the diagonal of covariance matrix?
This in theory.

But in practice???

2)
In practice, since I'm not a programmer, I've tried to use the psgp R
package in order to perform the interpolation of my variable with the
associated errors.
I've tried to use the Intamap on line service, but I've got some problem
with the net traffic (maybe) and I did not achieve the result.
So, I installed psgp and intamap in my computer, in order to perform the
calculation locally in my machine.

First ten rows of my dataset are as follows (names of variables:X, Y,
V2_PPM, ERR_V2_PPM:)

715946.900,4826440.340,2.280,0.140
722818.590,4824910.500,2.820,0.140
725514.920,4815239.460,2.380,0.130
722793.930,4810022.240,3.160,0.150
717682.540,4811456.540,3.040,0.140
712376.620,4806677.870,2.730,0.150
716270.140,4801958.660,2.650,0.140
721068.720,4801447.860,2.990,0.150
718812.980,4792920.780,4.450,0.170
722315.960,4788258.960,2.190,0.130

Actually I'm not uderstanding how process these data to interpolate my
variable V2_PPM.
The EPSG code il 23032.
Then, I think I've to set up my object as Intamap object  as follows (is it
correct?):

library(psgp)
coordinates(rock) = ~X+Y
data(grid.enrico)
gridded(grid.enrico) = ~x+y
proj4string(rock) = CRS("+init=epsg:23032")
proj4string(grid.enrico) = CRS("+init=epsg:23032")
# set up intamap object:
obj = createIntamapObject(
        observations = meuse,
        predictionLocations = grid.enrico,
        targetCRS = "+init=epsg:23032",
        class = "psgp"

However, I did not understand where I can declare the variable containing
the measurement errors.

Moreover, I do not understand how prosecute the process (i.e. experimental
variogram, variogram modelling, and finally kriging)

Could you give me some hint?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Enrico

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]