Hello,

I have recently read an interesting article about integrating Limited Area
Models (LAMs) into kriging with external drift for temperature (Libertà et al.
link below).

www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/IMOP/.../IOM.../P2(05)_Perini_Italy.doc

As I understand, it seems that the authors generated variograms with the
differences between the closest LAM grid point and the ground point. Then, they
used kriging with external drift where the ground observation stations were the
primary data and the secondary data was the LAM.

Conceptually, is it possible to generate a variogram with differences and then
krig the data rather than the differences?

I would appreciate anyone's explanations or corrections to my understanding.

Thank you,

Cara

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]