De : Edzer Pebesma [edzer.pebe...@uni-muenster.de]
Date d'envoi : vendredi, 15. janvier 2010 12:14
À : Tobin Cara
Cc : r-sig-geo@stat.math.ethz.ch
Objet : Re: [R-sig-Geo] Inverse Distance Weighting and Treating kriged data
before cross validation

Dear Cara,

one way would be to copy krige.cv to your own function and modify this;
I would recommend this if you want leave-one-out cross validation.

If n-fold cross validation is good enough for a few folds, e.g. because
you have plenty of data, then I would do the whole procedure "manually",
using predict, krige or idw on the points of a particular fold using the
data from the remaining folds.
--
Edzer

Tobin Cara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using inverse distance weighting with gstat for temperature just to
> compare it with other kriging methods. For a temperature field, I have
> removed the elevation effect at the stations by normalizing all stations to
> the lowest with a lapse rate of -6.5 deg C /1000 m.
>
> Now, I want to krig the normalized data and then add back the lapse rate
> multiplied by the difference in elevation to get the real temperatures at all
> real elevations. However, how can I do this before cross validation?
>
> I only know cross validation with the following command where it does not
> allow manipulation of the kriged field before cross validation:
>
> crossval_idw <- krige.cv(Temp93hr~1, DataCoordhr)
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cara

Edzer Pebesma