HI,

I'm confused by the following:
> xter <-
readOGR(dsn="/media/Transcend/PROVI/MARICEL2/x_terRiverBasin",layer="x_ter")
> class(xter)
[1] "SpatialLinesDataFrame"
attr(,"package")
[1] "sp"
> delme <- coordinates(xter)
> class(delme)
[1] "list"

The manual page of coordinates states:
Value
 usually an object of class SpatialPointsDataFrame; if the coordinates set
cover the full set of variables in object, an object of class SpatialPoints
is returned

why don't I get a SpatialPointsDataFrame?

Anyway, is there any way to get object "delme" to become a 2 col. data frame
or matrix? What I want is the cloud of points
to calculate the convex hull and get an estimate of the polygon of the
basin.

Thanks

Agus

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]