On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, Jan Hackenberg wrote:

Hi
i am seriously having problems with installing this package on my Linux-
Ubuntu machine. I think that i have installed the external gdal packages
correctly.

CRAN is down - major unplanned power outage in Vienna:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-April/236601.html

Roger

The error message is in German :

install.packages('rgdal',dep = TRUE , lib = '~/lib/R')
--- Bitte einen CRAN Spiegel f?r diese Sitzung ausw?hlen ---
Lade Tcl/Tk Interface ... fertig
Warnmeldungen:
1: In open.connection(con, "r") :
 kann nicht mit 'cran.r-project.org' auf Port 80 verbinden
2: In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
 package ?rgdal? is not available

this means :
1)  cant connect to cran.r-project.org on port 80

And it takes about 5 Minutes to get the choose mirror window being opened. I
also recognized that pages like *cran*.*r*-project.org seem to be offline
too.
So my quesion is, are there some server problems right now, and that is the
reason for not being able to install this package?
I need it to transform some Gauss krueger coordinates into latlong and this
sptransform method from the package is the one i want to use.

Best regards
Jan Hackenberg

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

--