On 08/18/2010 11:03 AM, Klaus Vormoor wrote:
Dear Paul,

thanks for your answer. I guess, your second advice is pricipially that what I want. But so far it did not work. I try a more precise explaination:

For an area I have in total 2200 catchments (nor = readOGR(shp)). 100 of them have observations for five days (rtopObj3$observations). I am only interested in the attributes for one day ("QNORM_12_4"). rtopObj3$observations holds spatial information only for these 100 catchments. rtopObj3$predicions holds spatial information only for the remaining 2100 catchments with predictions (rtopObj3$predictions$var1.pred).

When I try
plot_poly = rtopObj3$observations
plot_poly$predictions = rtopObj3$predictions$var1.pred
spplot(plot_poly, c("observations", "predictions"))
it does not work since the replacement has 2100 rows and the data has 100.

I would like to create a new object (e.g. plot_poly) which holds the spatial information of all catchment-polygons (nor) as well as the attributes of both observations$QNORM_12_4 and predictions$var1.pred to the corresponding areas. Therefore, I thought spRbind might be a propper solution.

I hope this is more specific and not even more cryptical...

Best regards,
Klaus

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:21:43 +0200