I have a list of points as (X,Y,value) corresponding to longitude, latitude,
value.  The points come from files that are assigned crs="+proj=longlat
+datum=WGS84"

My goal is to convert this list into some type of geographically referenced
vector format, and then to reproject it to NAD83 Alaska Albers
(crs="+proj=aea +lat_1=55 +lat_2=65 +lat_0=50 +lon_0=-154 +x_0=0 +y_0=0
+ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs")

I am familiar with the raster package, but is there a similar package that
can do the above using vector formats?

The next step would be to interpolate these newly projected points using
natural neighbor or the spline methods setting a specific cell size.  Which
packages can use these methods?

In summary, list > pts > reproject pts > interpolate pts

I appreciate any guidance immensely,
Tom

 Tom Kurkowski | Data Solutions Lead
Scenarios Network for Alaska & Arctic Planning <http://www.snap.uaf.edu/>
University of Alaska | 3352 College Rd | Fairbanks AK 99709
tom.kurkow...@alaska.edu | 907.474.5539
Find us on
Facebook!<http://www.facebook.com/pages/SNAP-and-ACCAP/112992248723524?v=wall>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]